Well.. Good AND bad (but you can't have it all)

I made it, the 4 hours and 45 minutes journey to my dads. BLOODY HELL! Can you believe it? FOUR HOURS AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES. 200 MILES. Left home at 10.09am and got there at 2.45pm. Long way and very tiring, especially when i drove. Mum gave up after the M11, that was too much for her, so i took over at the A14 and drove the rest of the way. A14, M6, M42, M5....something like that. Birmingham is a shitter and we had a TomTom too. We thought we were lost so we pulled off at a service station to reset the TomTom, but as we drove out it told us to go the same way as we were going, so happy days.

Unfortunately, i didn't stay the night as expected. I was there 6 hours and felt like i'd had quite enough for one day, so we drove the FIVE hours home. I did 90% of the journey in the dark which was hellish, the car lights were blinding me, i'm no good at night driving, but still, i succeeded in doing so.

A little "bitter-sweet", but lets face it guys, did you ever expect me to go SO far, given my track record of mentalness? Probably no.

I didn't ruin it for my son, he's still up there having fun with ALL his cousins. I got to meet my other sisters little boy, he's four and it's the first time i'd ever seen him.

It definitely wasn't a wasted trip. I got to see my dad....even though it was only for a short time.









Comments

Shelly said…
holy shit, that is seriously impressive. Seriously, I am sitting here like woah, I wish I could do five hours. Your journey is a huge inspiration for me.

Wow.
Sarah♥ said…
Hello my lovely, hope you're feeling better and taking care of your beautiful self :)

Of course coming home i looked at the negative side, thinking that i FAILED because i couldn't stay the night, but then i spoke to my boyfriend and he put me straight saying that why was i feeling so down, when i'd travelled all that way which is a pretty big thing to have done...

Anyway...yes, it is woah... ;0)
Flipper said…
yay well done you!! :D xxxxxx
em said…
you did soooo well. why do we always do that, pick out the little bits that we didnt do so well with? look at the bigger picture and see what you did achieve, i should to. lovely pictures. xx
Clare said…
Omg Sarah, look how far have you come in the last few months. Smile and enjoy your success, you so deserve it (",)
Anonymous said…
Hi Sarah,

I think this is incredible. To me there is no bad news only good. Seeing you struggle along for a couple of years it is amazing, and inspiring, to see the change. Good on you. Take no negatives from this, its all postive.

All the best

Nechtan
diver said…
An awfully big adventure Sarah, well done! Loved your travel pics : roadside cafes, distant villages, fields and meadows, wow. Was this the Hereford/Worcester area?

I think you did well to scarper home on the same day. Tiring, sure, but good management on your part I think :)
Sarah♥ said…
Thanks Flipper :)

x
Sarah♥ said…
Emma...
I don't know, nature of the illness i suspect. I drive 200 miles, but feel bad because i didn't stay!??? Madness really considering i've been fricking roombound in the past... ;)

x
Sarah♥ said…
Thanks Clare ;)

x
Sarah♥ said…
Diver, another fellow blogger that i feel lucky to have made a comment on my blog :)

My dad lives right in the middle of the Malvern Hills. An amazingly beautiful part of the country.

I think "we" know when the time is right to leave, i didn't want to get to that point of feeling terrible, full on panic...THEN....have a 4/5 hour journey home. That would have been hellish. I'm disappointed but i know i made the right decision :)
Sarah♥ said…
Nechtan. Hi. I feel privileged to have you commenting on my blog - thank you.

I have come a really long way in the short 14 months since i split up with the ex husband, but i still struggle going out alone - i'm hoping that will come one day.

Hoper you're well :)

x

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...