I'm sorry, i can't seem to find your cervix...

Those words haunt me time and time again.

YES LADIES (sorry gentlemen) today was smear test day. I'd only had one last June but due to some unusual bodily activity (bleeding throughout the month and after S.I), i had the enjoyment of visiting the nurse and getting one done.

She probed around downstairs for a good 5 minutes before my cervix came into sight (and that was after i had to put my fists under my bum to raise my pelvis)...excellent, i love the whole ORDEAL of laying there, legs akimbo and getting NO satisfaction out of it!!!!

I have to be honest now and say it wasn't as bad as the last one where she DID make me bleed, and the feeling of the swab going around inside you is the possibly the oddest feeling in the world, and the fact she did FIVE different swab's made it even worse....

LOVE IT!!

Comments

Amy said…
Ugh, I KNOW!!!! I had a thin prep done last time. I swear, she used a plastic broom to do the scrape. Stung for hours afterwards!! (Haha, WAY tmi there for you! Sorry!!!)
Sarah♥ said…
They use to use something that resembled a cotton wall bud to swab, now its like the end of a mascara brush..but at least they've progressed from those awful metal speculums to plastic ones, that's a bonus!

Never TMI... ;)
Nikki said…
I had to do the same, put my fists under there.. that was after 10mins of trying, then a further 5 or so after that! The time before I bled a while too, it was pretty sore!

They normally can't find a vein either, so they jab around in one arm bruising it, then reiterate what Ive already told them (that that particular arm is no good), the jab about in the other one too!

Fun, fun, fun!
Sarah♥ said…
Oh yeah, all good fun!

I have amazing veins...i have to say, never have any trouble getting blood from me. And even more so since my operation, i have some really rathehr special varicose veins running from knee to shin - i'm a lucky girl!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...