Interesting...

I have just noticed blogger has a 'Stat' button at the top here... I have no idea when it arrived, but it's there..

I thought i'd check out my stats and see if anyone is reading, and yes.... i am having a regular amount of readers per. day, however, it appears that i get more views when something awful happens to me... Like i am on the verge of suicide, or my boyfriend pisses me off... I've had comments before saying i am too pessimistic but it's clear that people like to read when am having a breakdown... Me doing up my house, doing 'normal' things... Not quite as interesting. Between the 19th - 22nd and the 29th - 31st Dec i was having roughly 200+ views a day and when i checked my posts, yes, i was having a bad time...

So it appears misery/depression/hurt/upset/depression/my misfortune is good to read about. Excellent.

Comments

Miss F said…
haha, i find the exact same thing ! i guess maybe its because other people might feel like they are the only one when its happening to them, so if we write about it, maybe they like it because they dont feel so alone etc.
I know when i first got sick i would look for posts where people were panicking babdly etc or were housebound, just so i could see what it was like for others, and if it was the same as what was happening to me.
Its srill weird though when you see the stats isnt it LOL xxxx
WillowKat11 said…
I can say for myself, i happen to read and comment on the negative more mostly 'cause i'm concerned and 'cause i've been through similar, so don't feel like people are enjoying you going through a painful time, not true at all, at least that's from my side of things, i always hope you pull through x.

Kat.
Lisa x said…
I think it could possibly be to do with the dates rather than people enjoying reading about your difficulties. I know that a lot of people find it difficult during the build up to christmas & new year and are perhaps googling how they're feeling and stumbling across your blog?

I used to use statcounter on my blog which told me how people found my blog and how they were using it. It was much better than the blogger stats x
vinny said…
no i read all ur blogs as ur main blog page opens up right away when i go on internet as thats what i got it set to do is open up all my fave pages at once,hasnt been for the past month like,well it has but div here didn't know to click on 2012,all sorted now though and hope your ok hun xxxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...