My 2nd attempt...

...at being a host to an 'internet' friend.... I think i may have done a tad better this time.

Right, background... When i first got my computer in 2002 i started talking to a guy called Leon. We'd MSN all the time, nothing romantic at all - he just seemed a really nice fella. Then started the phone calls....and postcards when he was away....birthday cards....and just lots of communication. My ex didn't like me talking to him at all, but when i got with my boyfriend i spoke to him about Leon and thank goodness he was totally cool with it. We had talked about him staying for ages but never got round to it...........until this weekend.

We've laughed and laughed. Okay - we weren't out and about visiting loads of places because i couldn't (and he understands that), but he saw how i lived...plus my boyfriend wasn't there for Friday and Saturday so it was just me and him. He got down late Friday night and Saturday morning we went to the town....did my shopping...., then in the evening we went round to mums and she bought us all a Chinese for dinner, which was very generous of her. Then we came home, watched stupid YouTube videos. Stinky was there too and thats when i recorded him dancing...you can just see/hear my friend in the background. Sunday we went to the shopping centre, then i came home and made cakes, while Leon and the boyfriend went to Tescos to get Sunday dinner sorted. My boyfriend then cooked up a storm in the kitchen and we all had a lovely eating/drinking night together.

He's gone now...back to SOUTH WALES! :(
Shame, we had a lovely time, and hes the nicest bloke i have met in a long time. Very very genuine, very appreciative of everything i did for him, very helpful (although i didn't let him do anything because he was a guest in my house) and i even sent him off this morning with his lunch and £10 - if he needed it.

Really lovely man/lovely company and a good friend.... He and the boyfriend got on like a house on fire....as did my son.

No anxiety/panic.... good times....and what was best of all - I COULD BE MYSELF!
















Comments

Nikki said…
Firstly.. How handsome is he!?!!
Secondly.. Well done you! I dont think Id have the bottle to do that.. mind you, youve been speaking a while, but still, I dont think I could do that. Panic would settle in.. and the pressure of having to make sure someone is happy for that length of time in our house, Id be proper on edge!
Well done Mrs xx
vinny said…
yes well done,i find it dead hard metting anyone so you did really well,looks like a nice bloke and glad you had fun,maybe you can do it again some time or even go see him if you feel upto it xx♥xx
coffeecup said…
Ditto that Nikki!!! What a lovely looking guy! Does he have any equally handsome Welsh mates who want to be friends with a girl in Merseyside?
I'm so happy that you all had a nice time and that you were so relaxed. I would have been a mess of jelly from that sort of pressure not to panic. It's just so typically you to be so welcoming and kind and mature about having a non romantic man friend meet your boyfriend. Says good things about your boyfriend too. Previous ones of mine would have crucified me for the same. It's just lovely. Well done beautiful xxx
Sarah♥ said…
Leon is a lovely man. I don't see that he's handsome, i just see him as the mad Welsh fella!!!

He was meant to go on Sunday but stayed an extra day.... He was having too much fun....lol.

That's the thing with him and i was just speaking to the boyfriend about it, i didn't feel any need or pressure to impress. I was totally myself.... He's so easy to talk to and i said that he's very much like my boyfriend, no need for Heir's and Graces... I sat with no make-up on....cream on my mad weeping eczema ... joggies...t-shirt.... and he appreciated that i wasn't fake or trying to be someone that i'm not.

I'm VERY happy that my boy behaved brilliantly until this morning, getting ready for school, but i had already warned him that there is ALWAYS arguing when Stinky is getting ready, because he's so slow and always running late!!!

I would have him again....any time.
Sarah♥ said…
He's South Wales...such a long way away :( However, as soon as i am able i would go.

It was really funny 'cause i kept making him talk like them off of Gavin and Stacey... Really strong accent. Pissed myself laughing.

Loads of fun x
Sarah♥ said…
Steph... I was anxious about meeting him, as you would do, but as soon as he settled in on Friday night we were talking until 1am.... The thought of panic did cross my mind several times, but i just had plans in place just in case i did happen.

He's got LOADS of friends... I will ask ;)

Like i said, i've always been up front and honest about my friendship with Leon and i've never hidden it. In fact we didn't speak for a little while because he got with a girl who didn't like our friendship and she made him erase me completely from his life, from email addresses/facebook/myspace/telephone numbers/home address - everything gone. When he split up with her he somehow found an old email addy for me and wrote me an apology email ((im now living in brighton temporarily and while i got the chance without watching eyes i want to apologise for shutting you off and you never did anything wrong,as im sure u know......i just cant live without saying to u personally. hope u are ok and getting on with everything ok,your old friend leon SORRY)).. But anyhoo... If the boyfriend didn't feel comfortable with it, there would have been no way i'd even entertained the idea.

It's strange in my house now because i've gone from having the boy, Leon and my boyfriend here, to no one.... :(

x
Charlotte Ca said…
Pleased for you that you all had a good time.
Your friend is good looking!
I could never invite anyone to mine for a weekend, even though we have a lovely house which I am quite proud of, its more to do with me being panicky and feeling uneasy with people in my house. I feel sick when friends turn up unexpectedly.I guess thats my social anxiety showing.I could only do it if I were drunk. lol
You all look so happy. I am really pleased you had a good weekend and seem a lot happier again.
Charlotte Ca
Sarah♥ said…
He will love all these 'good looking' comments....flipping heck! :)

When i was at my very worst, i couldn't even have anyone at my door, let alone in my house. Even people in the street down the bottom of my driveway would cause immense panic and anxiety. I've got to this point after many many years. Sometimes i do get anxious still - but not often now.

My house is tiny,but it's clean and tidy and i'm not ashamed of it in any way... :)

I'm doing better now THANK YOU

xxxx
diver said…
Hi Sarah. Stunning post. Looking at your pictures was like the beholding the sum of all fears for this poor 'ole agoraphobic. No way could I have handled the (social) claustrophobia of a visit like that one :-/ Well done ma'am - you really are moving beyond your agoraphobia if you can handle events like these with poise!
Sarah♥ said…
Diver - Thank you for commenting :)

There were moments before he turned up and when we were talking about him visiting when i wondered if i could handle it.

Then on Friday night when it was just me and him in the house, the 'what ifs' were floating about.... I have no idea really what would have happened if i'd panicked in the middle of the night.... I said earlier i had plans in place.... i think i had convinced myself i had some, but realistically, not so much!

Thank you again - Sarah x
Anonymous said…
FROM LOTTE....

I think its me (not the web) anyway I was saying how amazing you did with the 'leon' visit.....and yes Im gonna say the rest as the others....he's gorgeous!!! I cant believe you did it, that you had someone is your hopuse and entertained....and was virtually panic freee.....well i can believe it because you are A-MAZE-ING <3 <3 <3
Sarah said…
One word: rawr!

You've been hiding him for how long?

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...