Busy weekend...

Struggling on Saturday, feeling like death, i dragged my arse up the town in the morning to get a few bits of shopping. Did it as quickly as possible because i could barely move without aching. I got home and decided the best thing to do was have a little rest as i was positively exhausted from feeling ill and not sleeping at all the night before. I *JUST* fell asleep and the bf calls to say he's on his way.....than meant i had to get up then and pack an overnight bag - my body moved like i was about 80, i ached all over :(

Got to his, helped him clean up, picked up all the apples from his garden and finally sat down, just in time for his friends to pop over.

Sunday was an extremely busy day. Went shopping to start with then round mine to start something which ended up taking 7 hours.....

My lovely neighbour the other day asked if she could borrow my washing line because her husband was moving his old shed to put a new one in... i obviously said yes! So i peeked through the fence and asked him what was happening with the old shed, he said taking it to the tip. MY shed was knackered, it leaked, it had no felt on the roof and no window on the side, so i kindly offered to take his shed off his hands.... (cause i'm nice like that)..... At that point i hadn't even thought about the logistics of it all.... , i'm glad i didn't because there is no way i would have had it....

This is how it went....First of all my bf and i emptied all the shit out of my shed, then it involved taking out he 6ft fence panel between us, CUTTING my link fence and LIFTING the old shed, IN ONE PIECE over the 1 1/2 ft concrete block into my garden... Fook me it was heavy!! There were 4 of us doing it, but still, maintaining the height over the concrete was bloody hard...


When we'd put it in the garden, we bashed up my old one into a million pieces and my bf went and helped my neighbour build his new one... it took FOREVER! I was getting a little OCD crazy because my garden was such a mess and there was nothing i could do until he'd finished next door. I did move all of my old shed into the front so it was out of the way..... After 4 hours i reckon, they'd finished, so it was time to put my new one in place... This was fun.... NOT! We got it on the base and it was fooking wonky, proper wonky.......it was leaning drastically to the left... i was not happy!!!!! Once it was where it was meant to be, we put back the fence panel but that left my link fence cut into pieces.... I had no idea how it was going to be fixed...... Luckily the bf pulled it out of the bag, relinked it and cable tied two pieces together, you wouldn't even know.... Anyway.... the shed was still wonky, i had to call in the 'big guns'..... AKA my friends' husband... He was a-maz-ing! He removed the base on which we thought it was going to sit, dug out the ground making it even and put down a new base for it.... It took a while but we got the shed on and it's 90% straight, which i can live with, not too bothered about that... I was really impressed with what he managed to do....

We finished putting all my stuff back into the shed at 5.30, it was just getting dark..... We were flipping knackered!
Slept well last night....

So.. this morning we were up at 8am, loading up the car with all the junk for the skip. Three journey's later, we'd finally done it.... I am so tired!!! The bf has gone home to rest and i'm just about to do exercises...... ;)

Yeah... busy weekend!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...