My son.

I'm VERY proud of my son today.

Just got a phone call from the school to say that he's doing amazingly well and has really grown up since he's been back from the holidays...

I think now is the time to focus 100% on my boy, not to say i've neglected him in any way, because of course i haven't, certain things like bad marriages, bad relationships might have taken too much of my time, but from now it has to be 100%. I need to put my life on the back-burner and concentrate solely on him. He's nearly 13 and teenage boys are hard work, very hard work. We're getting to that stage where i am lucky if i get a grunt out of him, and it IS frustrating, so the fewer distractions i have in my life, the better. He's THE most important thing in my life and nothing else matters now. I was blessed by being able to have him and i need to remember that - he is my everything and will always be.

We had an incident yesterday at school where he was assaulted by a year 10 student (2 years old than him). Stinky was pushed into this year 10, he grabbed Stink, repeatedly pushed him into a wall and then punched him in the face, cutting his lip. Obviously i was furious with what happened. LUCKILY a number of other students witnessed it and wrote statements as well as my boy and the boy in question. The school are being very good with dealing with it and the year 10 was segregated from the rest of the school today and will be punished further.

Being a mother though it makes me feel so sad/angry that some little shit has hurt MY child. NO ONE touches my boy...

Comments

em said…
aw sorry sarah for stinky went through, thats awful. im glad the school hasnt just brushed the incident under the carpet. hope hope the other kid is appropriately punished. poor stinky hope he is ok. xxx
Sarah♥ said…
The parents of the other child have been notified, but by what i've heard, i don't think they are going to care too much.

He's okay today, sore face, but he'll survive.

Thank you for your message... Hope you're okay my love xxx
Anonymous said…
Sarah, that happened to my son. He didn't let it worry him too much and the kid who did the bashing got a week suspension. You made me laugh when you mentioned the other kids having to make statements because that is exactly what happened 'back in the day'

I don't want to offend you but your son looks a bit geeky. It's a stage on the way to drop dead GORGEOUS.

My son is now a doctor.He is good looking and has a rather beautiful girlfriend. Funny how things work out.

Love to you.
Sarah♥ said…
No offence taken. He is a proper 'gamer' geek... But, his dad was very good looking and all his cousins are very handsome boys, so i'm not too worried. He's got a orthadontist appointment next month, so his teeth will be fixed soon too. He use to be really chubby, but walking a mile to and from school everyday is definitely helping him. He's got really tall in the last month or so... I'm not worried about his looks. I KNOW he's going to be gorgeous... I will post pictures of me from when i was younger and i'll show you how people change ;)

The school definitely have it under control and my ex has been really good with sorting this matter out. IF anything else happens, then i will be really angry. Stinks year head will be having a word with him today to make sure he knows that even being poked, is classed as assault... ;)

Thank you for your comment...
Anonymous said…
My son never had a problem after this one incident. I think he was targeted (in big school)in a fairly random way. Is that a contradiction? I don't know. He was a popular boy within his own group but possibly attracted attention from those who did not know him. He coped.

The most difficult thing for you is not to overreact. It will make Stinky feel inadequate. Also could create further problems. Just stay calm and carry on!

Stinky will survive and so will you.
Good luck to you all.
Sarah♥ said…
He wasn't even going to say anything about it, it was only because he was bleeding from his lip that some Yr 10 girls took him to the medical room and that's how the whole investigation started.

I'm very wary about my son at school, especially since what i went through, and i am fully aware that my mother turning up at the school to speak to the teachers definitely worked against me... So i won't be doing that. I think his father was just so angry since his broken wrist, and this was just another thing that happened.

As far as i am concerned, as long as this child doesn't do anything else, it's over.

Stink IS a very popular boy within his group of friends, he's very outgoing...and funny. I can see why they like him ;)
Anonymous said…
He'll be fine. Try not to worry. it tends to be the bullies who cop it in the end.

Meanwhile, look after yourself, and have faith, and know that you are really the lucky one. Because you are lucky.
vinny said…
its so nice that you said his is ur everything and you feel blessed to have had him,i feel the same about teegan,she is the cutest thing ver and i have got all this to come no doubt,i would deffo feel the same as you,what parent wouldn't wanna march down to the school and give that other lad a hiding and see how he liked it,but you can't and have to go through the right channels blah de blah,hope the school do something about it and hope ur boy is ok,send him my best wishes cos he looks such a nice lad xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...