What i cooked last night..

I made a lovely rocket salad** with tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper. I wanted to keep that all red and green to make it look nicer. It did look gorgeous. I par boiled seasoned baby new potatoes, heated up extra virgin olive oil in a tray. I crushed garlic and rosemary and covered the drained potatoes in it. When the oil was hot i tipped in the potatoes and cooked for 45 minutes. They were divine. Lastly i made a balsamic vinegar/olive oil and mustard dressing for the salmon. 4 parts oil, 2 parts balsamic with a half teaspoon of mustard, pepper, salt and a teeny sprinkling of sugar. I placed the salmon on tin foil covering it with the dressing then wrapping it up air tight. Left it to marinade for 3 hours before cooking. That took about 20 minutes for 3 good sized pieces. Everything came together lovely. I impressed myself....AND...the salmon was perfectly cooked not at all dry, very moist. Delicious.

(** I also made the balsamic dressing for the salad)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...