Exhaustion..

..is beating me today. I am so tired. I'm meant to be going out in a bit, but i don't think i have the energy to move, let alone get ready. This is ridiculous. My eyes hurt and my body aches and to make things worse my boyfriend is poorly with a stomach bug, my WORST nightmare. I won't allow myself to see him now for 72 hours, which will take us up to Saturday. I miss him.

On a good note, i had parents evening last night.

I don't know if i mentioned but the last one was in November and being honest, it wasn't the best one i have ever had. My boy is adorable (as quoted by his teacher), but he's a joker, he's the class comedian...and he didn't know where to draw the line. He is NOT and i repeat NOT naughty - ever. He isn't a bad child, but his concentration leaves a lot to be desired. His grades were down. ANYWAY...after that meeting, we had another 6 weeks on to see if he could improve and luckily (for him) he did. Anyway, he was struggling with Maths, so i took it upon myself to buy him KS2 Maths workbooks and get him doing more at home. I am a very strict mother. Yes. I'm a bitch, but i don't want my son to do badly, i want him to do the very best he can. That's all i ask. So with up to an hour/hour and a half of (extra) Maths EVERY SINGLE DAY - i am pleased (VERY pleased) to say that in the last 6 months he's brought his grades up to exactly where they are needed. And from the grade he was at, to what he is now works out to be 18 months of work! He has done REALLY well. Science is brill. Reading is fab. Writing is good. We had one minor problem. He's slow. Not mentally, just sloooooooooooow. He had a English examination where they had to read a story and then answer questions referring back to what they've just read. My son cannot do that. He can read, yes. But doing something within a certain amount of time is hard for him, so now, yes, you've guessed it, i am buying reading examination papers for him to practise before his SATS on May 12th. They will determine what level he goes in at senior school. It's very scary stuff. Very stressful for him and me.

That's enough, i am knackered.

Comments

Nikki said…
Hi :)

Im really glad parents evening went well, it sounds as though hes doing so much better so it must be a relief, well done!
Jay will have the worry of S.A.T's next year - which I find annoying tbh, the amount of work they have to do is ridiculous! Fingers crossed I can turn things around for Jay too.. but if you fancy being a p/t Mum in this house youre welcome!

Not good news about the bug, that would def set off panic in me, esp if Id been around him recently. When Jay got his tummy bug and was sick in my bed I freaked out and had a major 3 hr panic, Simon was about to shake me or bang his head against the wall I think!!
There seems to be a bug going around which is frightening me big time tbh! I had hoped we'd seen the back of the sicky bugs, but it doesnt seem so. No doubt it will go around school soon :(

Did you go to the doctors today, did you get on ok?

xxxx.
Nikki said…
Oh, and yeah, the tiredness is bugging me too! Thankfully its lifted ever so slightly.. well, to the point where I'm not needing to lie down in the afternoon anyway!
But I know how it can affect you :(
Are you taking any vitamins to help? I tried B-12 but didnt notice anything, nor with Wellwoman or with Q10! Im trying Femibion now.. who knows!
Sarah♥ said…
Nikki - email your email address to beingsarahc@aol.com

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...