Over critical mother.

Is it any wonder i have frigging self esteem issues?

Yesterday in the car, i pointed out to her that my skin (for once) was looking REALLY clear. Her response to that was "Are you wearing a lot of make-up then?". That fact of the matter was, ALL i had on my face was a bit of powder, nothing else, but she finds is near on impossible to EVER say i look nice.

Today, i get "You're hair is looking untidy and really messy these days." Oh dear God. My hair was tied back and a few bits had fallen out of the sides...nothing major, but mum clearly didn't approve!!!! Also, on the way we were talking about my sister and she has problematic skin too and mother said "You definitely don't get bad skin from me!"

Driving back from hers, she couldn't have moaned at my driving any more than she did. CONSTANT pick, pick, picking. At one point i did turn round and say "No wonder i am mental", and from there she didn't talk to me anymore. Typical mother.

ARGGGHHH!

Comments

coffeecup said…
Awww, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Mothers!

Worst of it is that as soon as you answer back they treat you as if you're ten years old again, or get totally offended because you've just stuck up for yourself. You can't win.

:-) x
Anonymous said…
If it's not one thing, it's your mother...
Nikki said…
I normally get similar makeup/messy hair comments from my nanna.. I usally get 'you look all grey' or your face looks funny, are you feeling alright. Or whats happening with your hair today, or fetch me a brush! Last time we were all i at my mums together she made me get her a brush so she could brush my hair for the next 20 mins (yes I did fight it, but in the end gave in!). My parents are quite understanding most of the time because they know how sensitive I am about my looks (Weight esp).. but the rest of the family still go on like I never eat and stuff.

Maybe say something back to her next time, see if she takes offence and then explain thats how she makes you feel. Or simply just tell her she upsets you (Im hoping she just doesnt realise)

x

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...