"That's when good neighbours, become good friends"

Do you know that theme tune? Everybody does!

I have a next door but one neighbour, who is lovely. She's 37 and has 5 children. Over the last 12 months+ she's been popping over for cuppa's more and more, and we talk like there is no tomorrow. She has just left my house and it's gone 10pm. She knows all about my problems, every last one of them and doesn't judge. I LOVE these people that don't judge.

What happened was this. I had just got my duvet cover out of the tumble dryer and because i only have the one which goes with my bedroom it has to go straight back on my bed. Usually i have Stink to help me, but he's at daddys and i CANNOT do it myself. 9 times out of 10 i will end up crying because it's all lumpy and i get frustrated because it won't lay straight. This is exactly what happened tonight. I couldn't get it right, so i had a temper tantrum and threw duvet in one corner of my room and the cover in the other. I went straight online to see if my neighbour was on Facebook and luckily she'd just popped up. I sent her a message simply saying "HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP ME". She was round in 3 minutes...lol. Came in, put it on, no problems. (She use to be a chamber maid!!!!). If she hadn't been around, i would be still sat here in flood of tears.

We were talking this evening about agoraphobia and she's not one to skirt around issues, she comes right out and says what she thinks and i like that. She said that i need a plan, to go for small walks every day, no matter how shit i feel and i KNOW she is right. But most days, it's so grey and crap, i want to go no where, not even leave my room...but its the ONLY way i am going to get any better.

THE END :)

Comments

Nikki said…
My GP told me the same thing 2 years ago! He said I should make a list from the easiest place to hardest and take it step by step, do it till its easy then move on - the usual info we all know about! But did I do it then, no! Have I done it since, no! I REALLY should do it. At the moment I just go where I feel Im able to that day, thinking about going somewhere every single day is stressful, but clearly going where Im able day by day hasnt helped immensely :-/ You might have given me the boost I need to make my list! :)
Sarah♥ said…
YES! Make the list. Start with simple things that you already know you can do without any problem and that should give you the confidence to build upon :)

Keep me imformed.

x
Sarah♥ said…
Oops sorry, i hastily pressed publish! What i meant to add
was still do those simple car journeys/walks...and because you know you CAN do them already, gradually increase the distance :)

That's better.
Drew said…
So wait a second. Some woman helps you to make your bed and you'll listen to her, but not me?! What if I were to come over and vacuum the house for you? Would that help? LOL

Seriously, its a damn good plan Sarah. Go for it!

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...