The sweetest thing..

My best friend yesterday had to have an operation (details of op withheld). We spoke about this on Sunday night and she was terrified. She hates needles which is a massive factor when having an operation. Anyway - she somehow managed to blag her way to the front of the queue and got done first (she has private health care!).

I get a call at 10.40. She's all done. She sounded very drunk as she had ONLY JUST been taken back to her room.

Later on, on her way home she calls me again. She tells me that as soon as she came round enough to know what she was thinking all she wanted to do was 'Call Sarah'. Hence why she was still very much drowsy when i got the first call.

I think that is so lovely. She didn't want to call her auntie, or cousin who are very prominent in her life (since her mother died in 1999) - it was me.

I adore my friend. Absolutely love her. We've been friends now since 1990, thats 20 years this year. When she moved away, i was devestated, but i think we talk more now than ever before. We have contact every-single-day and i like that!!!

I'm going to see her today, hope she's okay :)

Comments

em said…
hope you friend recovers well. its good to have a friend that you can chat with, and be there for the good times as well as the not so good times. xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...