Asthma and smoking = BAD!

I've never (thank God) had bad asthma, it's been mainly allergy related, for example hay fever, certain animals, flowers...dust...the normal. When i smoked before it never had any effect on my asthma, not at all. I don't recall ever waking up in the night gasping for a breath, whereas now...since i started smoking again, it's a regular nightly thing. Wake up coughing/wheezing around 1am/4am...fumble for my inhaler...and i'm usually okay.

Last night was a baddy. Not bad enough to call 999, but i was pretty scared. My coughing/wheezing started a lot earlier than normal, even before i went to bed i had used my inhaler twice. Got to bed and managed to fall asleep around 1am. I would say every 20 minutes until 3am i was coughing, bringing up something unpleasant. Anyway, 3am, i was gasping again...coughing...tightness, lovely and when you're on your own...very frightening.

This morning, after last nights little episode i decided not to smoke today. It's 4.31pm and so far, so good. I usually smoke around 10 a day, not a lot, but its clearly having a big fat negative effect on my poor lungs, AND also, i went into W H Smiths yesterday and looked up at where the ciggies were, £7.06 for a packet of 20 Marlboro Lights, are they taking the piss? No way am i paying that...i would rather stop smoking!!!!!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend smokes,....this might be a bigger challenge than i think!

Comments

em said…
hope your feeling better, sure is scary. xxx
coffeecup said…
I hope you're okay today? That must have been so frightening for you! :(

Beautiful lady it must be hard to resist temptation when your boyfriend smokes, but if it's causing you to be sooo unwell then you must be kind to yourself and try to stop. Can you get some nicotine gum? Unfortunately after two years smoke free, I'm STILL addicted to the gum, but it has to be better than not being able to breathe! Plus at that price (OMG!)you'll have spare money to spend on something nice for yourself each week. You CAN do it!! Your lovely boyfriend will have to go outside for a ciggie, and help you out.

Good luck. You will succeed! XXX

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...