All done.

Left home at 10am, straight to my boyfriends mums where we spent an hour and a half. I was so thirsty it was untrue.

Got to the hospital at midday. THANK GOD i was the first in at 1.30am. I almost immediately had to get undressed into my gown, had my vitals taken and pretty much walked down to theater. My boyfriend couldn't come with me, so it was the "Green Mile" alone! Up to that point i was so calm. Stupidly calm. In through the double doors and i cried. Laid on the bed, got comfy and they put in the cannula. First drug to go in was a pain killer, made me very woozy. Then came an anti sickness. After that was the G.A. I don't remember drifting off at all.

Came round and thanked the surgeon, in fact i grabbed his hand and thanked him many times, crying again!!!!

...and now, i am home. Tired but okay! Ooops, forgot to say, my meniscus had obviously torn BUT had also flipped itself over, so it was completely removed!

MY PICTURE, POORLY KNEE!

Comments

Amy said…
Ouchies, but woo hoo! You DID IT!!!!! Go you!!!!!!!!!
em said…
well done, the pic looks like it was a huge operation. hope the pain will now ease and you will be ok. your so brave. xxxxxx
Drew said…
Yay for you! Glad it all went well. So now that your knee is fixed, will we see you competing for the UK in the next World Cup? ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...