What did i get myself into?

I'm sure last year i blogged about the idiots next door thinking it would be 'fun' to kick down my fence... I obviously didn't think it was much fun considering *I* was going to be the one who had to replace it. After lots of deliberation i decided that i wasn't going to pay over £400 for a proper cemented in one, i was going to do it myself.... Hmm.... Big mistake!?

I'm a little bit stupid really to say the least. I thought it was going to be as easy as take the old one out and push the new one into the old holes...that would have been brilliant, however, the fricking holes didn't match up....ANYWHERE!

I have just spent 3 hours...or more....hammering in new holes out of an old fence piece. Oh my lordy, i have hammered my thumb, my finger, had a piece of metal in my thumb, splinters everywhere and this is only PHASE 1. It's still wonky, i have to bracket them together (after i buy screws) and then paint the bloody thing.

However, the good thing is, is that i have done this ALONE. No man has helped me.... This is when i am good, i can cope nicely without a man having to do this kind of shit for me.



Comments

Nikki said…
Looks good Sarah :)
I put a teeny bit of fencing in round the back of ours, only a bit to make a nice patch for flowers by Jays play house.. Would I put in a similar fence on the front.. No way! lol We def need a new fence on the front too, I think its only the wood stain (and a few bent nails hammered in by moi), thats holding it all together now! lol.. Hope you're proud of yourself :)
I like doing bits and peices without the need of a fella too.. My next plan is to put up a shelf, its probably nothing big to someone else, but its a big deal for me.. Where to begin is another matter though.. Polyfiller at the ready!!
New blog looks good too btw!
Sarah♥ said…
Putting up a shelf?? Don't know if i'd attempt that... Well done you for giving it a go ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...