My first video for the new channel...

Comments

vinny said…
great video sarah lol ur dog made me laugh,i thought i went through a lot with anxiety,social phobia,agarophobia,panic attacks,health phobia,depression,ibs etc but you seem to have been there done that and got the t-shirt grrrrr u have more than what i do so i can understand what u must be going through on a daily basis { not nice }
think the group is a really good idea to help people with different mental health issues as it seems to cover most of them,can i ask you one question? have you learnt how to control ur panic attacks as i have not found anything that works,when it happens my heart races,i sweat,my hands and head shake,feel like i'm gonna be sick,faint,die or something silly and i can't breath or get my breath at all,ive tried taking deep breaths but does not work just makes me more dizzy,my fella tries to make me laugh or change the subject but does not work as i bite his head off lol,try thinking of other things but just can't seem to be able to get my mind from my panic,tried breathing into paper bag but doesn't work and u look stupid ha ha,tried running from the situation and avoidance and yes that does work but i can't do that for the rest of my life,what do you do when u have one but you know uve gotta go through with something? thanks so much if you can give any pointers xxx
Sarah♥ said…
Hi lovely. Yes i do have a lot of problems, but you know - they are there and i deal with them. It's not nice, but then...you have to try and cope the best way possible.

Let me try and explain the best i can in words how i feel when a panic attack is coming on. The first feeling is like a stomach churn as if you're on a rollercoaster, then i get what i can only describe is as the adrenaline release which in turn makes me feel sick, shaky, breathless, like i'm suffocating, that i'm going fucking nutso...seriously losing my mind and if i go a step further i WILL loose my mind/throw up/die. I can't even tell you my name when i'm panicking let alone trying to rationalise the situation. My mind is purely focused on how bad i feel...

When my boyfriend picked me up from my mums the other day, a journey i have done with him loads of times, i felt really anxious, teetering on the edge of a panic attack. He told me on the way home that we'd have to stop at his, which made me feel worse. Driving down A ONE WAY SYSTEM i started getting sensations that a panic attack was looming, but something clicked in my head that i couldn't panic because we're on a one way street and i can't go anywhere but forward - so that's all i could do.

When panic hits out of the blue, it's hard. If it happens i do still remove myself from that situation, but now i make sure i go back to that very place the next day and finish off what i was intending before i panicked.

Basically, i got with my boyfriend who seems to understand what i go through so it makes me feel instantly at ease, that is what has helped me. NOT feeling under any pressure at all to 'perform' like i use to with my ex. If i can't do something i don't do it, if i can, then i will - simple as that :)

x
vinny said…
thanks yes i feel the same as you like i can't think of anything else that is going on around me only my panic and how bad i feel and my breathing getting worse and worse,yes i always put things off like family coming down or going to visit family as i can't go through wiv it and my fella understands but it really must do his frickin head in grrrr,when ive got to go places then ive got to and i just have to go through with the panic attack,like if i have to see the dr etc but them i'm constantly looking at the clock saying to my fella they are 2 mins late they are 5 mins like etc and i get so angry cos hate waiting to see people,bless him he tries to make me laugh or change the subject to something else but it never works and he just anoys me more than anything but not meaning to and i know he's not meaning to as he is only trying to help me get over this,its hard for him to see me like that,we can't even get married cos of the way i am ;0( i would never be able to go through wiv it so i really need to get better,i hate this shite life sometimes and just wish we could all get the help we needed,thanks for ur advice hun xx♥xx
Sarah♥ said…
I hate waiting too. For example, if i am told i am being picked up at a certain time, and the person is late, i get really anxious. I am sitting waiting and ready, and they are 30 minutes late...! Doctors i just expect to run late now..lol.

Your fella loves you. He's still with you isn't he, that's love and shows he doesn't care about your illness, he's in it for the long run.

When i got married (both times) i was really panicky. First time i had a panic attack on the steps..saying i couldn't go in...but i did. A registry office wedding would take minutes...that's all :)

x
vinny said…
yes i will deffo do it one day when i pluck up the courage,it would be very boring though as neither of us really have friends as such only the few family that we each have,we are best friends with each other so never go anywhere without each other lol sad eh but true!!
yes waiting really winds me up,i know i should expect it in the dr's by now but i still get angry lol,got to do to the dr's on tues so hope she's on time cos very nervous already.yes he loves me to bits and does everything for me and really understands,i just don't know what he's doing wiv me half the time as he's dead nice and could have anybody he wanted ;0)
so yeah i feel lucky in that way which is nice. weather has been crappy here pouring down again,have a nice evening hun
love and hugs from vin xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...