What a surprise......NOT!

BACKGROUND.

My step father has been strange for MANY years. He's controlled my sister and I since we were very young. It was like living with a Sargent Major in an Army camp. And i am not exaggerating.

He's hit my sister and BEAT me, more than once.

This is what happened, the worst time. I was 16, my sister was 21. We'd just been to the airport to pick them up from a holiday, he was always miserable when his holiday had finished, but aren't most people?? When we got home, we all sat round the dinner table and my sister and step father (although they HATED each other) together they would love to wind me up. After 20 minutes of constant picking from them, i got up from the table and said "I'm not putting up with this this anymore." With that, my step father dragged me by the hair, back handed hit me across the head, i fell down on the floor where he repeatedly kicked and hit me. I was curled up in with my arms covering my head. By this point my sister had ran into the garden, watching her actions unfold before her eyes. My mother *tried* to drag him away from me, but he either pushed or hit her out of the way making her lose her balance. I don't remember exactly, because of course i was being beaten...! So, that was just ONE occasion of him losing his temper over nothing. He's done many irrational, violent things over the years. He's very angry. He will have a go at 'anyone' for no reason. Neither of his two son's will even talk to him, they disowned him a long time ago. Another two (fine) examples of the most recent outbursts. Across the road from my mother is a big big tree. There have been some tree surgeons looking at it because apparently the roots are bringing up the path. THREE days these guys came back to this tree and EACH DAY my step father went out and said "You are lookers..." and they replied "What do you mean by loookers?" He said "Well...you bloody look, but you do sod all." Now, let me remind you - this is NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. THE TREE DOES NOT EFFECT HIM IN ANYWAY!!! Now for example number two. I popped round my mums and we were chatting about going to New York and Dubai. Two places i would love to go to one day. He heard us talking and said "Why don't you stay there?" To which my mother replied.."We only want to visit." He then said "SHAME!". Then i said to him "Why don't you go then?" - with that, he stormed back into the kitchen and said "WHY DON'T YOU FUCK OFF OUT OF MY HOUSE....". To be honest, i was a little gobsmacked with that comment. And the fact that he said it in front of my son - totally out of order.

So, right... He's had these insane temper issues forever...and today he went to the doctors, with a list my mother had written about what he does and guess what?? HE'S NOW ON PROZAC!!! Fucking........hell......... They should have given them to him 30 fucking years ago, my poor mother and what she's had to endure!!!!! He moans about the leaves on the ground, he moans about the pub next door, he moans about anything and everything....

He's taken dose one.... Fingers crossed.

Comments

vinny said…
omg he sounds really bad i don't know how ur family put up with that to be honest,he does sound like somebody i know but i won't go into that here as its private hope u understand.not my family so i can't talk about it really.
i cant believe ur mum is still with him after all he has done to you,kicking hitting swearing in front of ur son etc,if that was me i would have kicked him out years back but everyone is different,the person i'm talking about found out he had diabeties and sinse then he has mellowed a bit,not totally and still gets weird outbursts like that but seems more mellow touch wood,he is now on medication for that so dunno if that had anything to do with the way he was or it just shocked him into being more mellow,probably that and only 2 of his family members now speak to him and the others don't and he doesnt see his grandchildren cos of this ;0(
sad really
hope he gets better with the prozac and yeah it should have been done years back xx
Sarah♥ said…
Funny you should mention diabetes. My step father has got that too, and also was told today that he's got to start injecting. But his anger issues came about many, MANY years before he was diagnosed, so we can't use it as an excuse!!

x
I'm just sorry that you're mum didn't leave the bastard after he attacked you. I'm horrified by what I've just read Sarah. I'm so sorry you've had to put up with crap like that :(

((hugs))
Sarah♥ said…
Thank you x

She had no where to go, no money and two girls to house. So she stayed. As for now - she'd feel guilty to leave him and as she's a Christian she won't divorce him either....

x
vinny said…
same story really,this chap had been like this for years too and was only diagnosed with diabetes bout year or two ago and thats when he seemed to mellow a bit so i'm wondering are they lined to aggressive behaviour? and he is now on diabetes meds and statins for high cholestrol weird how they sound exactly the same,him and his wife are not living together and never speak but will not divorce as like ur mum the wife is christian,so maybe they both had diabetes all along and not known about it,will have to type that into google and see if it is linked to anger ♥
vinny said…
right deffo off to bed now lol but just read on diabetics and anger mood swings aggressive behaviour and yes they are lined in a huge way,lots comes up in google about it and most people say its to do with high blood or low blood glucose levels etc and this is when it can happen,it can happen for years before you even know u have got diabetes and i think that was the problem with this chap and maybe the same with ya step dad so maybe he doesn't need the prozac maybe he just needs to keep his diabetes under control so he's not hyper or whatever they call it,hope he gets it sorted though either way as it must be a living hell x♥x
nite

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...