Baby...

Because i had such a shitty weekend, I was down, then the boyfriend was down on Sunday, he got pissed and had a go at me (not great!), we were meant to see my friend on Sunday morning but he let me down for the second week running. I was really unhappy. Spent the entire weekend on my own.

Monday, he finally turned up at 11am, we went over to see my friend. When we got there the midwife was visiting.

She's having a hard time. 18 hours sleep in 2 weeks. Baby feeds all the time. He eats for minutes, then falls asleep. She puts him down. He cries. She leaves him for a bit. She picks him back up because he only fed for a little while, he falls asleep again. She puts him down, he cries.... It's like that all day long. She is totally exhausted. When we got there yesterday morning, she hadn't even had a cup of tea. I made her a drink, then went out, got her lunch and took it back round for her. Luckily, he was sleeping while she ate... Had five minutes peace.

I wish there was more i could do... When i am there, i do as much as i can. I dressed him after the midwife visit, i changed his nappy, i cuddled him.....not that i am complaining ;)

This is like a massive reality check, there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD i would cope with a baby....

On the positive side, he was born at 6lb 13oz, went down to 6lb 6oz, but when he was weighed yesterday he was 7lb 4oz.... He's doing great :)

Comments

vinny said…
oh sorry ur friend is going through such a hard time,god ive got all this to look forward to then great ;0).
glad he is putting on weight though so she must be doing something right,hope it settles down for her soon and she can get a few more hours sleep as thats not good x♥x

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...