Friends....

What makes a good friend?

A recent British survey found that the average person will have 363 friends during their life — but only six of them will be true friends! So what makes a good friend or a true friend? Here are seven elements:

1. What makes a good friend is someone whom you respect and who respects you.
2. What makes a good friend is someone whom you can trust and who can trust you (and don't try to fool yourself on this element if you have a habit of always showing up late or not keeping agreements with others - even the small agreements, because small agreements are just as important as the big ones.)
3. What makes a good friend is someone who is there when things are tough for you.
4. What makes a good friend is someone who will stand up for you when others are putting you down.
5. What makes a good friend is someone who is proud to hang with you and doesn't walk away when someone more interesting happens to show up.
6. What makes a good friend is someone who doesn't get mad at you easily and yet will call you on your bullshit when it is right to do so.
7. What makes a good friend is somone who if they know that being on time is important to you, shows up on time — all the time with no excuses ever.

To me, friendship is when someone understands your faults, yet still likes you. Someone who is honest, trustworthy, fun, dependable, a person who has common interests, loyal, compassionate, sincere, respectful and who is a good listener.

Are YOU a good friend??

Comments

Kaci said…
I hope I am a good friend! I try but sometimes I feel I fall short because of the agoraphobia. My best friend from HS just got married and I wasn't able to go because it was too far. She totally understood though. I think that is what makes a good friend, someone who understands you and allows you to be who you are not who they'd want you to be. I think a good friend allows you to change as a person. Someone who can be honest with you and talk things out with you and be able to tell you the things you may not want to hear...in a way that you can understand they are trying to help you, not offend you. :)

I feel that sometimes it's hard for me to make closer friendships with new people because I can't always go out and be around them when I go through phases with the agoraphobia where I get too anxious to really go out. But I am blessed to have some good friendships from high school. :)
Sarah♥ said…
Having an anxiety disorder definitely can hinder a friendship, but what "REAL" friends do and as i point out, is that they don't care, because they know you'd be there for them if you could.

I have friends from school i still have contact with, but i have new friends all of whom understand my problem and for them - it's not a problem.

We all have fallen short at some time in our lives of being the best friend we could be, but i know now, i give 100% to all my relationships. It's all about give and take.... :)

I'm sure you're a really good friend and your friends appreciate you :)

Take care and thank you for your comment.

xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...