Awake at 2am - nice!


After my post yesterday my day went from bad to worse!

Had a phone call from my sons school saying that he'd hurt himself at break time, a year 11 shit kicked a ball at him, he tried to stop it and he'd hurt his wrist.

Now, my boy is accident prone to say the least, and it's not the first time i've had a "Come and get Stinky" call.

I put the down from the school, rang up my mother to come and get me to pick him up as they suggested a trip to A & E would be sensible just to make sure that nothing serious was wrong... About 5 minutes later, i get ANOTHER call from the school saying they've had to call the paramedic because my boy has gone into shock and blacked out. I'm panicking now.....I have to get to the school NOW... I start walking to meet my mother.

Get to the school and he's in the medical room, arm slinged as a precaution but he's on the floor with his legs in the air because when the paramedic got there his blood pressure was 70/33 - REALLY low. I was with him about an hour before he was moved, but then the decision was made for him to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance, his blood pressure was too low to risk us taking him, IF anything had happened, there'd be nothing we could do.

Seen really quickly, had an x-ray, i could see the pictures on the computer screen and as i walked out with my boy i said "Stop making a fuss now, there's nothing wrong with your arm.....". I couldn't see any breaks/fractures.

Back to the waiting room for a few minutes and we were called round to see the doctor. He made my boy do a number of 'tests', which were clearly hurting him because the noise he made was something else, then to my surprise he said "Yes, you've got a lovely break there in your bone." Um....WHAT!? Yes, my son has broken his wrist due to some fuck-wit idiot child kicking a ball at him, not in a nice way, in a horrible (i'm bigger than you) nasty way.

Obviously i am now really angry that a kid has broken MY SON'S WRIST!

He was put in a temporary cast and i've got to go back today and see what they say. They might leave this cast on, or change it.

Kids!!!!

That's the bone that is broken :(

Comments

Mel said…
Oh no, poor Stinky! Why are some kids such little s**ts?

I had a similar phone call from my daughter's school on Wednesday. Thankfully her injuries were much less serious but I still ended up at the hospital with her. It was a reminder though of just how far I've come. I'm so thankful that I'm strong enough to cope with this sort of thing because not so long ago I would have fallen to pieces. I'm sure you feel the same - you've come a long way.

Just as a side note, maybe you could look into compensation? My friend claimed £3000 when a girl at school broke her finger ;-)
Sarah♥ said…
Tell me about it. I called the school this morning and they said they'd investigate who did it. This kind of thing shouldn't go unpunished.

I coped fine with it. Luckily mum had to take me, otherwise i might have been a different story.

Got an 11.20 appointment this morning... An amazing thing is that they have a lovely coffee shop which do amazing Americanos. EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING! ;)

Sorry to hear about you little one. Hope she's okay.

Thanks for the comment.

xxxx
vinny said…
awww hope his appoint goes ok today,that's horrid and bet he was in agony,bet they don't punish the other child,what a little shit,hope it heals for him soon ;0( xxx
Sarah♥ said…
The appointment was rubbish. Waiting for an hour to be told 'Come back at 8.30 on Wednesday for the proper cast'..... Great!!!
Sarah said…
That is where my honey broke one of his 2 broken wrists. It looked like a W across those bones. A year later and it still bothers him, but he's in his 30's. Things dont bounce back like they used to. Hope he feels better soon!
Sarah♥ said…
Stinkys is a clear break straight through... The doctor said he 'should' heal nicely (as he's still growing), plus the fact that no operation was needed is a very good indication that it will be okay.

He's a real trouper when it comes to real pain, but if he stubs a toe, it's like he's lost a limb!!!

Hope everything is okay at your end :)

Sarah x

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

Dilemma...

The last month...