Thick...

I am speaking from personal experience here..and i don't know if anyone else who reads this get's it too... but i just hate it when i am involved in conversations that i have no clue as to what it is all about. I am so stupid. I don't watch the news or read the papers... i like to be oblivious to what is going on the world, makes me think that everything is A-Okay... But then, if my BF happens to turn on the news and there is all this trouble in Greece, they've got a new PM in the hope that they can somehow sort out their financial difficulties, but after watching a show on C4 the other day about 'Going Greek for a week' it's no wonder they are in so much trouble. Then it worries me because the they expect the rest of the EU to bail them out... Where we as a country as already SO in debt.... ugh... see THIS is the exact reason i don't watch the news. Doom 'n' gloom, all the way.

So... What do you do when you're in a conversation that is way over your head, which quite frankly, is all too often. Do you nod and agree/disagree in the right places...or what you think are the right places? Do you make your excuses and leave?

My boyfriend also watches a lot of shows on Space and the Earth.... He had something on the other day which was going on about what happens if the water runs out on Earth. Plagues, tornado fires... See again, doom and gloom... I have not a lot of interest in bad things, it raises my anxiety levels to extreme levels and i don't need any more encouragement to be panicky.

I like to stick with things i know about... gardening... yay.... flowers... yay..... creating a perfect room.... yay.... ALL nice happy things that create harmony in my life. I'm currently planning on redecorating my sons room. It's not been done for such a long time and he's now desperate to have it changed, but i don't know how to do it as yet... I'm thinking maybe another sliderobe kind of thing, like i have in my room. He doesn't have a lot of space, so keeping furniture down to a minimum is essential. I don't know... Lots of ideas... (and plans for my front room too, so excited about that).... :)

I've been gardening this morning. Tidying up ready for winter. It's all ready now. That will be the last cut of the year. ROLL ON SUMMER!!!

Comments

coffeecup said…
You hit the nail on the head already - you like to stick to things you know about. Nothing wrong with you being interested in one thing, and other people can be interested in what they want.

You're not oblivious to bad things just because you don't watch the news. I know already that you care about animal welfare and get involved with the things you do care about. You're not alone regarding the EU. Unless you have a degree in economics I don't think anyone really knows what's going on.

Happy gardening! :) x x

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Pod..

The last month...

Dilemma...